Saturday 9 April 2011

Girl About Town

It is a beautiful, warm, sunny, summers day in England. I know, but it's true.


I have spent the last couple of days hanging out in central London, which is a beautiful place to be in the sun. Not as beautiful as, say, being on a beach, but you have to take what you can get really. It has been so warm that I'm just wearing a vest top today (and trousers - I'm not indecent), and this is me, who wears 47 layers in the mildest of winters, plus legwarmers, plus gloves and a hat. It is properly warm. Lush.

Clearly my Britishness is coming out here - we do love talking about and marvelling at the weather. We're constantly surprised by it, especially when it is anything other than rain. Which it mostly is - it doesn't actually rain all that much. Honest. British people think 'Sun? In summer? Whatever next!'. Ditto snow/cold in winter. I don't think we'll ever be used to these things people like to call 'seasons'. The only guaruntee is that if you go camping, or to Cornwall, or worst of all, both, it will rain. A lot. But that's all part of the fun.

*        *        *          *          *          *              *             *             *           *           *          *        *

So I just forgot about this blog for several hours while me and two of my housemates had a barbeque, then got cold and came inside and I made cakes. I <3 being a student.

Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. British weather changes every day. It's like the sky throws us a surprise party every day.

    ReplyDelete