Saturday 29 January 2011

Screw you, Time, screw you.

Time is screwing up my life. Not only is there not enough time in the day, not only did 'adulthood' creep up on me and then try to take over - it's OK, I'm resisting and, I think, winning - but the actual 24-hour clock is ruining my life. I will explain:

This is nearly four o'clock: 15:58 - right?

This is nearly twelve: 11:53

So why isn't this: 1356 nearly one thousand four hundred words of my essay done??

Every time I look at the wordcount and it's something fifty-something, I think 'Great! Nearly a hundred' or whatever. I am wrong. Or rather, the Babylonians* are wrong. Or perhaps decimalisation is. Whichever, someone or something out there is screwing with my mind! GO AWAY NUMBERS AND WORDS.


* The Babylonians had a counting system which went up in blocks of 60, which is where we get our time keeping system from. Losers. Don't believe me? I read it in 'Taming the Infinite' by...someone. A maths writer I guess. Look it up, I'm busy writing an essay.

1 comment: